Marine Imaging Workshop 2019
June 24 - June 28
The 3rd Marine Imaging Workshop (MIW) will take place from 24th to 28th June 2019 in Victoria, BC, Canada. The event will be hosted by Ocean Networks Canada and will be held at the University of Victoria.
MIW is mainly aimed at providing at fostering a multidisciplinary dialogue on the challenges and future directions of marine imaging between researchers, industry and engineers.
- The main themes of the workshop are:
- Biological and geological research with underwater imagery data
- Imagery acquisition, camera systems, and technology
- Image processing and underwater image enhancement
- Automated classification, detection, and segmentation of marine imagery
- Methods in machine learning for imagery analysis
- Image annotation, both automated and manual
- Data management, access, and sharing
- Interdisciplinary collaborations in marine imagery analysis
The deadline for abstract submission is 30th April – click here to submit an abstract.
Registration to the workshop will be open until 31st May (Early Bird by 15th May).
Visit the MIW 2019 website for further information.