PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
The EMSO needs to process certain personal data in order to carry out its functions. These data relate to:
• Staff in relation to their contract of employment
• Prospective applicants and applicants to process applications and ensure they are properly informed of the study opportunities
• Visitors to the Consortium including those coming to Consortium events
• Other third parties with whom it has dealings.
All data is processed in accordance with the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and Italian legislative decree no.101/2018.
We only retain personal data as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose for which you provided this information. All data is processed according to our Records Management Policy.
You can find out how long we keep personal data in our Record Retention Schedules:
• Registry record retention schedule
• Human Resources record retention schedule
• IT Services record retention schedule
• Property Services record retention schedule
• International Office record retention schedule
How to request your data
You have the right to request the personal data that we hold about you. If you would like to request your data, please use the data access request form below and send any request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Under GDPR, the Consortium is required to respond to your request within one month. If you have any queries about the you can contact our Data Protection Officer.
How to report a breach
If you believe that there has been a breach of data protection, you must inform the Consortium Secretary and the Information Security Manager immediately. Please follow the Data Breach Notification Process
How to contact us
To find out more about data protection at the EMSO, you can contact our Data Protection Officer
Further information on data protection
If you would like to know more about the GDPR and data protection generally, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website: https://www.garanteprivacy.it/