EMSO CANARY ISLAND team leader Eric Delory will give a presentation on new sensor technologies at the online “Air Centre Networking Fridays” on 26th June. The abstract of the presentation, titled “Supporting EOVs and FAIRness with smarter sensors”, reads:
The presentation will highlight recent developments in sensor technologies designed to increase the potential of sensors to measure more variables and be used on multiple platforms, from surface to the deep ocean. The approach is meant to be end-to-end for improved data traceability. These new technologies still need to increase in technology readiness, which advocates the need to encourage these new developments, including the use of research infrastructures for their validation in multiple situations.
Delory’s presentation will be part of a two-hour (1-3 PM UTC) special thematic session on sensors. The agenda of the event is the following:
- 1:00 – Welcome address and introductions, Elisa Ravagnan (Norce, Norway)
- 1:10 – Sensors and instrumentation for biogeochemical, biological and ecosystem variables, Matthew Mowlem (NOC, UK)
- 1:30 – Linking Essential Ocean Variables (EOVs) and Essential Biodiversity Variables (EBVs) to Understand Life in the Sea, Frank Muller-Karger (USF / GEO MBON, USA)
- 1:50 – Supporting EOVs and FAIRness with smarter sensors, Eric Delory (PLOCAN, Spain)
- 2:10 – Towards low-cost A.I.-based sensor systems, Marcelo Pias (FURG, Brazil)
- 2:30 – Q&A Session
- 2:55 – Closing remarks, Elisa Ravagnan
The Air Centre Networking Fridays will continue during the next months. More information about future sessions as well as presentations and videos from previous sessions can be found here.